October 18, 2018, 09:41:26 PM *
Ahoy, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Our users have posted a total of 13242 posts.
This forum contains 11470 topics.
We have 1820 registered users.
Please welcome DoraGissing, our newest member.
News: Hello and welcome to our forum

Home :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Rules  (Read 4039 times)
Cthulhu

Administrator
Spammer
Cows go moo.

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2007, 04:30:50 AM »

Disclaimer:
This topic is simply to explain some reasons of why I might remove posts or topics and/or lock topics. It is not for ALL mods, OR ALL of my reasons. If you have anything to discuss with me about locking/removing posts/topics, feel free to send me a message. Discussing it on the forum may result in a ban.

I will lock topics if there hasn't been a reply for a certain period off time, if your question/s (where applicable) have been answered, or if there is alot of flaming/vulgar/insulting language/images.
I will remove posts if it I consider it spam or if it consists of mainly flaming (in any way).
I will remove topics if it has completely gone off track, is mostly flaming, has nothing to with the game now, or (locked topic) if it is an old topic.

Sir Emi, this is simply so I don't have a sudden influx of messages asking why I have removed a post/topic or locked a topic. Please do not remove this.
Edit: I will also lock topics if the question has been answered =).

Thankyou,
Techno.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 08:50:51 AM by Marduk » Logged

Call a friend, call zephyrblade. Whenever you want your shiny ship sunk, or your segs mysteriously vanishing by themselves, call zephyr.

Current Forum position: Usurping Sir Emi.
waylain16

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 01:00:50 PM »

==============Forum Rules==============
1.  Respect the other community members, and the moderators.

2.  No Spam:  Spam is defined here as a post with 3 words or less, or a post of nonsense, or a post simply to raise your post count.  Posting on multiple topics with phrases such as "Yes, I agree with this" just to increase post count will not be tolerated. Spam is at the discretion of the moderator.

3.  No going Off Topic: This is defined as posting anything not pertaining to the title of the topic, or the subject of the FIRST POST in the topic. This is also considered spam.

4. No reviving old topics.  On most forums, a topic will be considered revived if it has not been posted in for 2 months, or 60 days.  This does not count in forums such as Report Bugs, and all of the Spam forums (Games forum etc.)

5.  Topics posted in the wrong board will be moved.

5.  Moderator Actions:  Should your post contain any of the above two, you will be warned, and your topic or post will either be deleted or locked.  It is up to the Moderator's discretion to decide the appropriate action should a topic or post break any of the rules.

6.  Discipline:  Repeat offenders may be punished in the following ways by the Senior Moderators --  24 hour posting-rights removal (you can still login and read, but you may not post), 24 hour complete ban, 48 hour posting-rights removal, 48 hour complete ban, 72 hour posting-rights removal, 72 hour complete ban.  The punishments may not be in that order and are handed out at the discretion of the Senior Moderator.  If issues persist, the Head Moderator will review the case, and a number of actions may be taken -- 1 week ban, 1 month ban, lifetime ban.  If you disagree with the decision of a Moderator (the locking/removal of a topic) try talking to that moderator first, if they do not help, report the issue to the Head Moderator.

7.  Report Abuse Button:  You may notice a 'Report Abuse' button next to every post on the forums, this sends an email to all of the moderators of that forum.  This button should only be used in the event that a post breaks these rules, if this button is abused, disciplinary actions may be taken against you.

8.  Private Messages:  Private Messages are just that, private, do NOT post the contents of a private message anywhere on the forums.  If you receive an inappropriate PM, forward it to a Senior Moderator.  Senior Moderator's may use PM's to report disciplinary actions taken against you, these PMs are completely private, and if you disagree with the action, forward the PM to the Head Moderator.

9.  Do not publicly criticize a moderator in any way, shape, or form.  As mentioned in rule 6 try talking to the moderator first, then move up the chain of command.

Note: The Sea Odyssey Community reserves the right to change these rules at any time, for any reason

P.S. The rules were stolen fair and square, without anyone but Zephryblade and TechnoGore knowing, from the Space-O forum
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 10:43:23 PM by Marduk » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: