October 18, 2018, 01:58:42 PM *
Ahoy, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Our users have posted a total of 13225 posts.
This forum contains 11453 topics.
We have 1820 registered users.
Please welcome DoraGissing, our newest member.
News: Hello and welcome to our forum

Home :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Players  (Read 12590 times)
Cthulhu

Administrator
Spammer
Cows go moo.

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2008, 03:04:24 AM »

You will get 1 turn every 1 minute.

1 people online
thumbsdown
That person is me.. wtf? Not sure why I'm posting here, as less people check the forums monthly then log into sea-o for more then 5 minutes a week..
But anyway, for all those people that DO check the forums.. IF any.. Do we have any suggestions how to bring players/back bring in new players? Yes, prizes for the top 10 does seem like a good idea, but no-one has come up with a prize list that emi is happy with, so please don't suggest that.
I'm thinking more along the lines of making it even more noob friendly, (but without reducing attack range), maybe making it quicker to start doing the encounters? Might encourage a few new players to stick around.  I'm not sure how it could work, but perhaps having some sort of in-game tutorial, where you learn the basics would be helpful. Might be kinda hard though, depending how much info you want to include.

Perhaps we should give the new players a 1bill design, but not the money for it. Maybe a bigger amount of starting credits/turns/both for new players, or more credits/turns at the start of the round?
I'm up to hear any of your suggestions.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 03:06:12 AM by Marduk » Logged

Call a friend, call zephyrblade. Whenever you want your shiny ship sunk, or your segs mysteriously vanishing by themselves, call zephyr.

Current Forum position: Usurping Sir Emi.
Uber RoXorz Winzer

I look to the stars, wait I will own the stars...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 11:04:47 AM »

maybe the reason noone players is because one allaince controls the game? try fixing that and make the game intresting again.

the Distance seems so close.

I can't see, the blood runs too deep. Boiling, hot, boiling I will fry them all.
Cthulhu

Administrator
Spammer
Cows go moo.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 08:15:11 PM »

Lol, anyone powerful enough not in your alliance either get's ganked 15-1, and then put into one of your alliances, or just goes into one after a threatening message. Remember, you tried to get one of my multies to join you with the second version, LOL.

Anyway, simply telling me what I already know is pointless uber, offer a way of changing it.

Call a friend, call zephyrblade. Whenever you want your shiny ship sunk, or your segs mysteriously vanishing by themselves, call zephyr.

Uber RoXorz Winzer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 02:35:46 AM »

lol i see someone is trying techno went rouge ha! fun fun! i may have to start playing again :p

I can't see, the blood runs too deep. Boiling, hot, boiling I will fry them all.
Cthulhu

Administrator
Spammer
Cows go moo.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 05:31:27 AM »

Meh, with my activity it won't last long. Though klausn seems to be good about it, he usually only counters with a decoy to see what I have. Anyway, uber was fogged so I got miller (after I reserved, even though he was already 1trill+ above me, wtf??). All pships, but still fun. A little over 1tril fp, but not not alot over.
Then klausn pshipped up into second. Now, can't have people in ranks they shouldn't have now can we?

So I waited until he went offline, then raided him. It is, once again, all pships.
News
TechnoGore(#476) raided Klausn(#30064)'s secret base and destroyed 5900000 ships of fleet power 6.137.858.500.000

Before this 'officially' started though, I did waste a lot of klausn's credits and 2 or 3 ships, I got two of maengars leads, I think one of balthazars, and I accidentally got mangum a couple times too. I WAS going to go for warmonger, but I was low on creds and sailors when I tried so I left him. Prolly won't go after him for a while. Anyway, the only fogs I will use are the ones you guys give me, so make sure you give them freely ;).
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 06:42:24 AM by Marduk » Logged

Uber RoXorz Winzer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 09:00:50 PM »

i dont think we have yet? not one attack against you has left without taking 2 trill power in missions off your hands.

Cthulhu

Administrator
Spammer
Cows go moo.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 01:30:16 AM »

Actually, a couple have uber. Only one from you, but a couple from other players.

Uber RoXorz Winzer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 03:30:35 AM »

this is pointless truly pointless its hard to fight friends, what we need is some real enemys..

we need to reset the round, then we need some guy to log onto the Goon's site and post a big long "this is an amazing game, here is how to play, there is no active players, good luck" they made the game fun last time they played lol

zephyrblade

It turns out I was the first to join the forum. :P

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 03:55:11 AM »

what we need is some real enemys..
Then don't make buddies with everyone who gets powerful!
Also, let people who want to be your enemies act as such, lol.

You will get 1 turn every 1 minute.

2 people online
=
Myself (logging in once a week)
+
A random noob who doesn't seem to do anything (See Myself)
= Not good 'nuff guise.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 03:58:52 AM by zephyrblade » Logged

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.
nano

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 12:23:08 AM »

...Make the sea-o game have all the benefits that space-o enjoys.  Then I'll be more active...

All there are is regular missions here that 2 or 3 ppl seem to hog...
Uber RoXorz Winzer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 02:37:28 PM »

no, the intractive and insucection is what killed spaceo, broght it from 40-50 active players down to 10-15, only reason why its more popular now is because it was emi's first game - and its like 2-3 years older than this one.

Captain Ron

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 02:01:12 AM »

Your right Uber but this server needs more visability not too many people have even heard of it now if Emi spent some cash on advertising maybe some people would actually try the game out and stick around 14

Cthulhu

Administrator
Spammer
Cows go moo.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 03:40:31 AM »

Commercial advertising only goes so far, word of mouth is the best type of advertising.

Uber RoXorz Winzer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 09:26:24 AM »

I admit i dont spread the word, im afraid someone might be better than me...

Captain Ron

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 10:34:48 PM »

I admit i dont spread the word, im afraid someone might be better than me...

Do you even bother to play anymore?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: