October 18, 2018, 09:03:38 PM *
Ahoy, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Our users have posted a total of 13238 posts.
This forum contains 11466 topics.
We have 1820 registered users.
Please welcome DoraGissing, our newest member.
News: Hello and welcome to our forum

Home :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: attack requirements in pvp more restrictive to fleet power  (Read 7398 times)
siremi
Developer

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2008, 10:13:41 PM »

The system will take the attacker top 10 fleets power when determining if the defender commandship runs or not.

If the attacker wants to attack the lower captain, he has to reserve fleets in order to reach the minimum requirements (80% or more of attacker power)

This update makes it more fair for to the lower captains that are attacked by higher captains. It affects remote attack requirements / full assault sail chances.
Uber RoXorz Winzer

I look to the stars, wait I will own the stars...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 03:41:45 PM »

so, you still get the 95% on full assults luck attack...

and when attacking as a remote i wouldnt be able to simply attack with smaller ships? or can i still do that, attacking with smaller ships instead of reservering?

the Distance seems so close.

I can't see, the blood runs too deep. Boiling, hot, boiling I will fry them all.
waylain16

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 04:25:28 PM »

If they warp
You need to reserve then use your tail (or maybe smaller than that depending on power)
But the point is that you would have to reserve all your ships to hit a smaller player
And that can add up pretty quick.
Even if you only did it one your looking at probably a good chunk of change (30-50% of fleet cost, depending of number of ships of course)
Uber RoXorz Winzer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 04:47:58 PM »

its nothing i reserve/unreserved for 3-4 days strait now to deal attacks, its costed me about 1 gold worth of cash

I can't see, the blood runs too deep. Boiling, hot, boiling I will fry them all.
Uber RoXorz Winzer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 03:37:47 PM »

Emi, you should make counters more flexiable, well not unlimited of course but have a larger power range, something like 20% of your power to infinite high.. a counter should be more flexable,  it would be unfair is someone attacks you the simply reserves below your power range forcing you to have to waste money reservering, and for what a counter?

otherwise this update is good for the rest of the game 1

waylain16

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 06:37:35 PM »

Emi, you should make counters more flexiable, well not unlimited of course but have a larger power range, something like 20% of your power to infinite high.. a counter should be more flexable,  it would be unfair is someone attacks you the simply reserves below your power range forcing you to have to waste money reservering, and for what a counter?

otherwise this update is good for the rest of the game 1
I honestly think that a counter should have no limit to it
Someone hit you, so you deserve a chance to hit them back
Uber RoXorz Winzer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 05:40:58 AM »

yah, but that never has been and probaly never will.. i just would like to to have no power restriction, have it restricted to your base power not the current fleet power.

Captain Ron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 08:40:26 PM »

I would love to see the restrictions on counters done away with but i do like the new update. to_keep_order

Uber RoXorz Winzer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 11:58:13 PM »

The system will take the attacker top 10 fleets power when determining if the defender commandship runs or not.

i just relized with a combination of muitliple recent updates and this one someone could post say, 50 fleets of p ships and become impossible to attack.

if i had 50 fleets of 1 billion power (50 billion power) that makes my first 10 fleets 10 billion power, thus anyone in the attack range (100 billion to 25 billion power) wouldn't be able to attack me.

and you cant attack players that are in the grey anymore due to another update. thus someone can abuse this to make it impossible to attack. sure it may not be effective now, but if someone was to say, use alts (in a new round?) to power up and give stronger encounters no one would be able to kill the defenceless alts...

a lucky attack in the galaxy would be the only chance... was this intended?

waylain16

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 12:05:40 AM »

Probably Not
siremi
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 01:15:29 AM »

When you try to attack, it will count your total power, all active fleets and resources against his assets power + top 10 fleets he has active.

So the difference is that if he has lots of power fleets for example, 10++ fleets he will be higher in ranking but you won't be able to attack unless you go lower in ranking or even below him.

You should be able to determine how much you have to lower yourself, if the attack says he has 68%, then you would have to lower your power by around 15% - 20%, just enough so he is 80% of your power...

If you're using power ships yourself, it relatively easy to reserve them and lower yourself to the level where you can attack him.

Even if they do use lots of power fleets, someone below them will always be able to attack them if they input the #id in the war room.
If you have an alliance and someone is below the target, they could easily destroy all the powerships that person uses...

« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 01:17:56 AM by siremi » Logged
Uber RoXorz Winzer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 01:36:05 AM »

ah, i see what your saying, thanks for clearing that up 1

waylain16

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 05:04:05 PM »

I got it
Cameron07

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 11:19:29 PM »

in my own opinion.. this is the worst update for spaceo and sea-o.. it almost completly ruins the game for me
Uber RoXorz Winzer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 11:27:10 PM »

its inconvient to deal with, i liked not haveing to reserve and waste money to attak people...

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: